ACT ONE SCREENWRITING COMPETITION
Lights in the dark. Joy during sorrow.
“Writing is more about imagination than anything else. I fell in love with words. I fell in love with storytelling.”
Why Act One?
There’s a reason our prize isn’t a cash reward; we want to give you the resources, contacts, and knowledge to turn your passion for screenwriting into a life-long career. We want to help you build a solid foundation for a sky-high career in the entertainment industry, not just another line on your resume.
Act One, Inc., exists to create a community of Christian professionals for the entertainment industry who are committed to artistry, professionalism, meaning, and prayer, so that through their lives and work they may be witnesses of Christ and the Truth to their fellow artists and to the global culture.
Our graduates are prepared for careers marked by integrity and excellence, in writers’ rooms, on sets, and in studio and network offices.
CONTEST INFORMATION & PRIZES
- Early Bird Deadline ($39) – September 1st
- Standard Deadline ($59) – October 15th
- Late Deadline ($79) – December 1st
- Announce top 25 – Sundance week (Jan 19th)
- Announce winner – Oscar week (Feb 26th)
- One week all-expense-paid trip to Los Angeles (airfare, hotel, rental car)
- 3-5 meetings with key industry executives who will talk to you about your screenplay
- All-access pass to the two-day Act One conference (with industry professionals from **X,Y,Z) in June 2017, along with an optional partial scholarship to the Act One eight week Writing Program for Summer 2017
Want in-depth coverage on your script? All competition entrants receive the following discounts on Act One Script Consulting.
- 20% off Coverage Package
- 20% off Basic Written Consultation
Top 25 finalists will also receive 10% off the Extended Written Consultation.