October 16 – November 6
Wednesdays, 7 PM – 9:30 PM
Act One Offices
2690 N. Beachwood Dr.
Hollywood, CA 90068
If you have a project you would like to sell at the American Film Market (AFM) taking place November 6-13, here is your chance to get ready for it.
SESSION 1 – Wednesday October 16
What are the Markets and Why. After this workshop you will have all the basics of the market, be able to determine what would be the best project to shop around, and more.
SESSION 2 – Wednesday October 23
The Nuts and Bolts. You will learn how to set a meeting, how to take a meeting, and what materials you need for the meeting.
SESSION 3 – Wednesday October 30
Pitching Your Project. You will pitch to a Sales Company Executive who will workshop your pitch and help you discover what’s working and what’s not.
SESSION 4 – Wednesday November 6
A day at the AFM. You will explore the AFM during the first day at the Loews. It will be a one hour walking tour. After the tour we will meet and discuss the market, go over your final pitches, answer questions, and more.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN & OTHER STUFF:
1. What are the Markets and how important they are
2. What are the current Market trends
3. Who attends the AFM and who the key Buyers and Sellers are
4. Which company you should take your project to
5. How to take a meeting
6. How to set a meeting
7. Refining the your projects pitch through role-playing
8. Creating and building materials needed for your pitch
9. Pitch your project to Sales Company Executives & receive feedback
10. Experience AFM at the Loews Hotel (you will need to buy your own badge to get in)
Oops! We could not locate your form.